#JACREATES | DIY edition of CREAMY SALTED EGG PASTA


I was overwhelmed with the idea of recreating something trending and untraditional. In a blink of an eye, it came to my mind, salted egg on pasta!! I was inspired by the pasta from one of the restos I've been to years ago!


So yes, why not try making a Salted Egg pasta my version?

I go to the fridge and check if possible ingredients are available and it's so timely that's like the universe has conspired to make the ingredients all present. So what am I waiting for? Let's start this by gathering the ingredients I think I would need.


What I needed was:
2 whole Salted Eggs
1 raw egg
3 cloves of peeled garlic
1/8-1/4 cup olive oil
Parmesan cheese
Salt and Pepper
Blender/Food processor
A handful of pasta (I used linguine for this buy any will do)


What I did was:
1. Boil the pasta in a large pot until al dente, while preparing the salted egg sauce.
2. Meanwhile, take the shell off the salted eggs. Take 1/2 piece and set aside later for garnish. Then cut the remaining 1 1/2 pieces roughly.
2. Prepare your food processor or blender then put the roughly cut salted egg, garlic peeled and olive oil pour by small amounts until the desired consistency became creamy.
3. Blend until only a few tiny chunks remain. It may turn out to be still chunky but it's alright. 
4. In a saucepan, put olive oil and slightly saute the egg mixture, put salt and pepper and parmesan then immediately add the cooked pasta to the saucepan. Turn the heat to the lowest.
5. Slowly pour the beaten raw egg on the pasta and mix it quickly and thoroughly so that the egg won't be fried and until the pasta was well coated and the sauce had become creamy. Turn off the heat.
7. Transfer it to a serving bowl and put the remaining salted egg pieces on top as a garnish and sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper and parmesan.
8. DIG IN! 

Comment down below if you have tried it, and how was it?

Till next #jacreates!


Comments

Popular Posts