#JACKIEATS | AOZORA Japanese Cafe + Bistro: Tagaytay's Hidden Heaven

11/12/2015 01:43:00 AM



AOZORA , literally means "Blue Sky", for it can give you a heavenly feeling of authentic Japanese cuisine. The best place to dine with friends, family or someone special if your looking for an awesome - as in awesome view of Taal Lake overlooking accompanied by a delightful dining experience of the first  authentic Japanese restaurant  atop Domicillo Design Hotel in Tagaytay. 

If you want to check out their menu and other photos visit my flickr album  HERE .



I am a bit worried if how I could reach the place because it was my first time to go there (by public transpo). So I asked my friends and google map, thankfully my friend know it and gave me a right direction (shout out Clara Joyce). I also studied the map (thanks Google). Good thing I  saw their signage -  clear and big enough  without any hassle (almost beside the Lake Hotel across the gas station).

#Commute101: From SM Bacoor, ride a Bus going to Batangas so that it will pass till the shell gasoline station (where in 2 roads separate since it is on the other side which the bus don't pass) get off across the Lake Hotel, cross the street to Lake hotel walk past right (fronting the hotel) till you see Domicillo/Aozora black signage (picture above). Then walk to the parking, find signs of Aozora, and there it is atop the hotel with an amazing view.



 If you want the cold fresh air of Tagaytay you can try the al fresco area where you can see overlooking the Taal Lake and beautiful rainforest.


 The place had an industrial Japanese vibe, the music they play (which one of us noticed) was a Japanese instrumental music which for me was a good thing because it help set the mood of the place and the customers as well, plus the kimono dresses of the service staff was cute!



They specified that the cooking  style and most ingredients used was truly Japanese prepared by Chef Seiji Kamura and two other Filipino Chefs.


I arrived late but at least I got to try their signature Dragon Maki (P350) , and I tell you it was the first time (with all honesty), because I'm really not into makis but this time (for the review's sake) I take a bite just to know if I could take it and (from what I know the right way of eating it is to swallow it whole) yes I can. I was amazed that I did not expect to like it but I really do. I can taste everything, the fish roe burst in your mouth, its crunch from tempura, seaweed and mayo.



My all time favorite Ebi Tempura (P270/3pcs, P390/5pcs) Prawns dipped in tempura batter and deep fried to crispness. I love how big the prawns are, they really do not scrimp on giving the customers a generous amount of quality ingredients.



The Aozora Fried Rice (P250),  good for two, was very flavorful and has a generous amount of toppings.


This Sukiyaki (P590 good for two) is so remarkable, I think one of the best I've tasted. The sweetness and saltiness of the broth was well balanced bringing richness to the tender beef meat and noodles.

PS. Ms. Christine Villongco, one of the owners was kind enough to let it reheated for me to have a taste of it. :)
PPS. The staff were nice too.


Comfort food at it's finest! One famous food in Tagaytay because beef is Bulalo in Tagaytay is cheaper and the cold breeze of air makes you want to snuggle with a smoking hot bowl of Bulalo. Aozora cleverly conceptualized the idea of why not had a fusion of this Filipino Beef Marrow Stew and Japan's Ramen Bowl which resulted to  Aozora Ramen (P320) .
I think it's good for 2-3 persons but for a hungry tummy it can be finished alone. It was served with fire under it so that it would stay hot amidst the cold atmosphere of the place.

BTW, This was Ms. Christine's recommendation for me to try because I'm late and most of the food was already consumed, so I ask if I can order one more. 


I ordered this Yellow Mango Shake (P130) for a safe choice. Refreshing and just the normal mango shake. I hope I ordered the Green Tea Shake (alas!) I overlooked at the menu.

I hope I had tried these dishes ( photos below ) but after I took a photo of it it literally disappeared from my sight. *peace*

If I'm not mistaken this is a Tonkatsu (P290) .


This is Chicken Teriyaki Don (P290) , I need to try this when I come back.


Tempura Fried Ice Cream
This one also, disappeared for just a matter of seconds. I'll try this too when I come back to know if their version is nice.


This was the group, thanks to Aldous, the only guy, for inviting me to this event. T'was nice meeting everyone, new set of people and hopefully I got to meet them again. I had fun though relatively quickly and simply. FYI, I was the girl in the far corner with a big bowl of ramen. hihi


I also got the privilege to meet one of the lovely and very accommodating owner of Aozora, Ms. Christine Arriola-Villongco.

The line up of food they offer was well brainstormed because there are a lot of unique dishes I saw on the menu that would make me come back. I'm really excited to be back and use the discount card Ms. Christine handed us.


AOZORA Japanese Cafe + Bistro
Domicillo Hotel,  Km. 58 Gen. E Aguinaldo Highway, 
Tagaytay City, Cavite, Philippines
Operating Hours: Mon-Sun: 7:00 am-10: 00 pm
Nos contact: 09063501704; 0464134486; 09155038800
Email address: chitsarriola@yahoo.com.ph
Facebook:  www.facebook.com/aozorajapanese

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger...

DISCLAIMER

The blog site's Photos, Videos, Recipes, Craft-works and other works posted here are protected by a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives license. Sharing of the work to other websites is allowed though proper credits should be given, the person sharing it must share a link back to this site.

Photos, Videos and other works are of the authors' unless otherwise stated with proper credit.

In any case that the works published in this site would be used for commercial purposes, permission should be asked. You may e-mail the author at jackiepmontoya@gmail.com.

JACKIE MONTOYA

JACKIE MONTOYA
Out-boxing myself as a newbie in the Blogging world. Events Coordinator by passion, Self-confessed Gastro-venturer, DIY hobbyist, Aspiring Chef, a Nifty-Thrifty Traveler and an Imaginative Reader. Live with Faith. Love with Faith.
25 | PHILIPPINES