Loom Bands Craze-ations!

Hi ya'll!

As promised, here it is.. loom bands I created..



But, you may have asked, what is loom bands? Where did it came from? When it was invented? Etc etc... Read more if you want more ;)




So I have search the world wide web it and will quote wikipedia for the information I have found, "Rainbow Loom is a plastic toy loom used to weave colorful rubber bands into bracelets and charms. It was invented in 2011 by Cheong Choon Ng of Novi, Michigan. As of September 2013, it had sold over 1.2 million units, according to Ng, who has sued the makers of rival products FunLoom and Cra-Z-Loom for patent infringement."

Where to purchase a kit in the Philippines?
After fighting the urge to not be addicted with these new loom craze, I lost! Knowing myself I couldn't let this new craft thing slip through my hand, so I had to give in! As the saying went, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!"


I realized this loom band thing is at the peak of its popularity now in the Philippines, making it to the streets of the famous shopping capital Divisoria! Yes, and I am right! Almost anywhere you look there's a loom band vendor and there are huge people buying it including me. Yeah I know it is not the authentic one but as long as I can get similar results for a more thriftier price, why not for a trial?

Divisoria Price costs:
Any Kind/Color/Type of bands costs P20-60 for 50 grams. (approx. 900 bands)
Small Starter Kit Starts at P100 up (includes hook, mini loom, & approx 200-300 bands) till 1,200 pesos for a big Kit which has thousands of bands I suppose, with different colors)
Loom boards starts at P20-P80 depends on the quality.
Refills at 3 packs for P50 or P15-20 each. (approx 200 bands)

Anyhow if you want the authentic Rainbow Loom Kit, googled and asked to where one could purchase it for starters like me? Is at the toy stores like Toy Kingdom at SM malls and Toy's R Us. Also, I found this informative website where she shares her purchase of loom bands Rainbow Loom from Toy Kingdom. Which I am planning on buying soon the authentic ones so that I could compare and contrast.
Found out that they had an expo here, yeah Expo of Loom Fans.
Anyways, here are the pictures of my creations..


Tell me which ones you like best!

Comments

Popular Posts