#JACKIEATS | PINK PANDA Found in Makati, PH!

Did you know that pandas did exist in the PH? Am I kidding you? Of course not! What Am I talking about? Read on..


Just recently I discovered this panda along Makati and trust me it didn't disappoint. This panda has been here in Ph for about 2 years now. Yes! You know it, it's the Pink Panda which is a resto that Erwan Heussaf and his team brought us.

The place has a nice interiors, it has a rustic and comfy feel and with Asian touches, yes that Vietnamese hat and the bike.

Dining Area

Drinks/Bar Corner

The Hat and Bike

Now the same question why did they call the place Pink Panda, well for the reason that the panda has been ought to represent Asia right? cause its found, yes, only in Asia, likewise, the restaurant's menu offering. Which I'm super delighted in trying out.




Here's what we got for dinner,

 Lemon and Lemongrass (P120)

Fast and Furious (P120) is a cocktail drink.

Lime Juice (P110)

Pandan and Lemon (P120)

We had those drinks to cleanse our palate in between bites of goodness. Moving on here's what we feasted,


Lumpia + Shanghai + Anghang = Lumpiang Shang Hang (P145), lumpiang shanghai obviously leveled on with the chilies. 


Crispy Baby Squid (P180) I would never know that it has this plum glaze that coats it making it salty and sweet with a hint of tartness.


What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you see orange balls? Yes, of course, basketball! Hahaha nope, I'm just kidding. Of course it's kwek-kwek (fried quail egg battered, one of Pinoy's all-time favorite tuhog-tuhog (street food). But wait sorry to disappoint you but this time my tuhog-tuhog's just got better and upgraded with Pink Panda's Chilli Prawn Fried Dumpling (P210) 
laksa was my favorite of all the food that was served because it just not captured my taste buds but also my heart! The great balance of flavor was there with a right kick of spiciness and creaminess of the coconutty soup.


Pork and Shrimp Laksa (P245) Is EVERYONE'S FAVORITE (all caps for more emphasis) for the night! Creamy, spicy, rich, and balanced are all the adjectives that possesses this bowl of greatness! I'm craving every time I remember this like right now.


Chicken and Dumpling Noodle (P240) is for you if you are a clear broth and mami kind of person.


Pad Thai (P285) when you are missing Thailand like me. Have yourself a bowl of this Thai street food.


Mango and Catfish Salad (P220) when you want something sour-y and fishy but you can't tell.


Pink Panda Pork Bun (P190) nonetheless the cutest siopao *drum roll please*  the Panda Siopao ladies and gents! I almost don't want to eat it cause I just want to stare at it. I thought however that it's something for dessert that it has a chocolaty inside well I thought wrong, because it's more of on the savory side, it's an Asado type of panda poa instead. It's as yummy as it looks.


Crispy Beef Rendang (P220) creamy and saucy is what I like about this dish not to mention the tenderness of the beef and the right mixed of flavor.


General P's Chicken (P220) if you want sweet and spicy this is yours to grab.



Something new for me was the Sisig Siopao (P220) which is also a crowd performer itself as it has a yolk at the top like our usual sisig topped with a runny egg. This time the egg sits on top of the siopao bun which excites me so, I volunteered to crack the yolk and the bun half to see a live explosion exposing the inside which was the actual sisig. The sisig itself is your normal saucy sisig but as a whole, I enjoyed eating it. Sisig on a bun that's something!


Panda Balls (P120)

Their version of my favorite snack from Bulacan where my Lolo and Lola lived. Everyone's pica-pica dessert 'Buchi' where instead of the usual monggo or Ube, they filled it with peanut butter and jelly or dark chocolate. When everyone was rooting for dark chocolate filled --which was surprisingly sooo delish-- my turn to get and take a bite and answered prayer I got dark choco two times in a row. Woooooh! Obviously, that's a must-try flavor. ;)

It was such a  long, nice and very filling evening with Pink Panda thank you for having us. It was a yummy experience, and I'll be back for the Laksa!


Pink Panda Southeast Asian Diner
Ground Floor, Y2 Residence Hotel, 4687 Santiago Corner B. Valdez Street, Poblacion, Makati City
Contact no.: 09277288753

Comments

Popular Posts