#JACKIEATS | A TASTE OF HOME BY NAIMAS IN MAKATI


In the midst of high rise buildings and various food places in Makati lies a new, but definitely houses great Ilocano cuisine which you could definitely say NAIMAS! --an ilocano term for delicious.


A very dainty and woody with lots of plants. It's like the porch of a house . Well, thanks to some shots from Louisse as you know and as always, my dear friend always making me her mo(w)del.


It has a homey atmosphere inside that lives up to it name 'Naimas: A Taste of Home'. With wooden bookshelves and tables and a lot of quotes and cute art pieces hanging on the walls makes me want to just enjoy and hang out more in the place.


Another one that I noticed is that they have these baskets of fresh veggies on display which makes the whole place so pinoy!


So what am I waiting for let's proceed to eating Ilocano food once and for all.


Naimas Pancit Canton (P250 regular) topped with crispy-but-melt-in-your-mouth Bagnet (P240) Ansarap lang, but we cannot stuff ourselves because there's a lot more!


If you are up on some exotic pinoy adventure well I recommend you to dine here, where you could try bibe (duck), baboy ramo (wild pig), itik (also a kind of duck according to Kuya Kim posted in his twitter account) are some.

Starting of with Adobong Baboy Ramo (wild pig) (P320), as this is my first time trying out wild pig, I got giddy and excited from the looks of it; well another gastronomic level unlocked. When I took a bite I was surprised with the juicy meat and the balance of flavor different from what I am expecting --hard to chew meat.


Another one I liked was Pinatisang Baka (P340), beef with patis, a filipino term for fish sauce, sauteed with tomato and garlic.


While, some soup for this night was Sinampalukang Kambing (P300) the broth is just so good for comfort food.


Sizzling Litid (P250) well I didn't expect that the litid or tendon could be cooked like this because I had eaten it mostly on soups or with noodles. New food discoveries are always awesome right?


Another new to me was the Gisaeng Balot (P220), don't get me wrong as I don't eat balot just the soup hihi, but this, sauteed one I can't resist to not try a very tiny portion and was flavorful. Recommended for foodie foreigners.


We also got Gising-Gising (P220), the creamy gata (coconut milk) with pieces of baby shrimps and sigarilyas is a classic pinoy specialty.


Spicy Fish Tofu (P240) is always a good pair. Love it!


And I guess the star of the night, Adobong Hipon sa Aligue (P340) shrimps cooked in crab fat, which I almost hadn't get to taste because everyone's been digging to it as soon as it landed on the table (where I'm on the far end).


Of course, I know that you'll been waiting for is finally arrived, the sweets to wash of the 'umay factor'. There's Turon sa Saba (P110) with langka. Is turon a banana spring roll? I was just wondering. Eat it while its still hot because its much yummier.



And lastly of course every filipinos dessert always include Halo-Halo (P180). With Ice cream, Ube, leche Flan and a lot more. just perfect ending to my exotic and unique food experience!



NAIMAS TASTE OF HOME
G/F CAP Building, facing Amorsolo St. corner Rufino St. Legaspi Village, Makati City.
Contact Number:  (02)6255943 or 0977-403-2290

Comments

Popular Posts