#JACKIEATS | Breakfast at Edna's CAKELAND, Cabanatuan City


Visiting Cabanatuan City won't be complete without a stop at the charming little mansion known as Edna's CAKELAND, located inside Kapitan Pepe's Subdivision. Locals are well aware of this delightful spot, so if you find yourself a bit disoriented, just ask a CabanatueƱo for directions to Cakeland, and they'll happily point you in the right direction.

You'll recognize Edna's Cakeland by the sight of a substantial white house, which I assume belongs to the owner and a line of cars parked outside. But don't worry about parking; they have their own parking area across the street, where we left our car.


As you enter through the gate, you'll be greeted by adorable miniature chefs and a photo-op wall, setting the tone for a delightful visit. 



While exploring and taking pictures, I noticed several people enjoying breakfast. It was evident that this was a go-to spot for morning snacks or meals. Thankfully, my persuasive skills worked wonders, and I convinced my parents to join me. To my delight, they also offered breakfast options, and it felt like a triumphant "hooray!"


I made a beeline for their breakfast corner to peruse the offerings. To my surprise, they had tapsilog, liempo/baconsilog, and pasta dishes such as Lasagna and Carbonara. For beverages, there was brewed hot/iced coffee, hot chocolate, and iced tea.

Of course, being a "cakeland," there was an array of sweets to choose from. However, what truly sets Edna's Cakeland apart is their Cheese Rolls (P14/pc or P160/box). I couldn't resist trying one, and it was a cheese lover's dream come true. Noooom! Each bite revealed a generous portion of cheese inside the soft, buttery, sweet, and moist bread. It's a fantastic value for money, and you'd be hard-pressed to find its equal anywhere in the metro.


From their signature Cheese roll, we ordered a box of pasalubong because you can never stop eating just one. Edna's Cakeland also offers an array of cakes for parties or simple celebrations, brownies, bread, and other delectable snacks (just take a look at the pictures and prepare to drool).



I wish I could have breakfast and merienda here every day, but it's quite a long drive—about 5 hours from Cavite without any stopovers. However, you must make it a point to visit this place when in Cabanatuan for its incredibly delicious treats. Don't forget to pick up a box or two for pasalubong; they even have charming boxes that are perfect for gifts or giveaways.

I fell in love with this place and can't wait to return #whenincabanatuan for the Cheese rolls. I've also heard great things about the Yema roll, so that's on my list for the next visit. Plus, I'm excited to explore other excellent restaurants in Cabanatuan City that I haven't tried yet.


EDNA'S CAKELAND
 Kapitan Pepe Subdivision, 1 Don Manuel Avenue, Cabanatuan City, 3100 Nueva Ecija
Operating hours: 6:30AM to 6:30PM
Contact no/s.: (044) 463 0387; (044) 958 9673

Comments

  1. You may also want to try Rosenda's Restaurant in maharlika highway located near Melanios Bldg. and also try Balay Cafe in Ma. Theresa besife Payawal printing press :) ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reco's prettyweng! When I visit Cabanatuan again I'll try to. :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts