Christians on discouragements: Self Image

9/26/2015 02:42:00 AM

Discouragement as defined by Merriam-Webster is the state of being discourage.
Synonyms are: demoralization, despair, despondency, disheartenment, dismay and dispiritedness.


Excuse my pabebe self.
It is a trap that most people including me maybe you as well, had fallen into. Most times, I had been discouraged of many things, family, friends, church, work, school, travelling/commuting to work/school, even myself and the list goes on. In short, the world was full of discouragements, here and there, everywhere all you may see may discourage you. Right?

I experienced discouraging my own self everyday but I didn't noticed it most times, including insecurities, low self-esteem, laziness, tardiness, easily angered, prideful, selfishness, etc etc. I knew I had an inferiority complex I grew on as a kid. This has grown from the teases, bullying, rejection and disapproval of parents/teachers/grandparents/classmates/etc. on me. I came to a point that I questioned God about it. Why me?

Until when I was reminded that I was created just like what my Heavenly Father looks (Gen. 1:27) and that my body was the temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 6:19). I was a fresh college grad back then, I started to take care of and groom myself. Bought new clothes and shoes that are appropriate and with decency --which became an investment (for myself). But above those outside changes, I learned that it starts from within my inner self, treat myself with respect and love, because who else will? That if I love myself if I take good care of myself and respect myself and learn to see myself as a strong, fine and a beautiful person others will do too. Yes, it was very effective! Gradually, I overcome all the negativeness I constantly encounter. Now, I'm continuously learning and enjoying all the blessings.

Hope you too will counteract those negativeness (bullying, rejection, etc) in your cynical mind with a positive outlook on yourself first!

Note: Discouragement hinders what lies ahead. It hinders the truth. It hinders you on still holding with the Lord being with you; "He will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” (Heb. 13:5)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger...

DISCLAIMER

The blog site's Photos, Videos, Recipes, Craft-works and other works posted here are protected by a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives license. Sharing of the work to other websites is allowed though proper credits should be given, the person sharing it must share a link back to this site.

Photos, Videos and other works are of the authors' unless otherwise stated with proper credit.

In any case that the works published in this site would be used for commercial purposes, permission should be asked. You may e-mail the author at jackiepmontoya@gmail.com.

JACKIE MONTOYA

JACKIE MONTOYA
Out-boxing myself as a newbie in the Blogging world. Events Coordinator by passion, Self-confessed Gastro-venturer, DIY hobbyist, Aspiring Chef, a Nifty-Thrifty Traveler and an Imaginative Reader. Live with Faith. Love with Faith.
25 | PHILIPPINES