Christians on discouragements: Self Image

Discouragement as defined by Merriam-Webster is the state of being discourage.
Synonyms are: demoralization, despair, despondency, disheartenment, dismay and dispiritedness.

Excuse my pabebe self.
It is a trap that most people including me maybe you as well, had fallen into. Most times, I had been discouraged of many things, family, friends, church, work, school, travelling/commuting to work/school, even myself and the list goes on. In short, the world was full of discouragements, here and there, everywhere all you may see may discourage you. Right?

I experienced discouraging my own self everyday but I didn't noticed it most times, including insecurities, low self-esteem, laziness, tardiness, easily angered, prideful, selfishness, etc etc. I knew I had an inferiority complex I grew on as a kid. This has grown from the teases, bullying, rejection and disapproval of parents/teachers/grandparents/classmates/etc. on me. I came to a point that I questioned God about it. Why me?

Until when I was reminded that I was created just like what my Heavenly Father looks (Gen. 1:27) and that my body was the temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 6:19). I was a fresh college grad back then, I started to take care of and groom myself. Bought new clothes and shoes that are appropriate and with decency --which became an investment (for myself). But above those outside changes, I learned that it starts from within my inner self, treat myself with respect and love, because who else will? That if I love myself if I take good care of myself and respect myself and learn to see myself as a strong, fine and a beautiful person others will do too. Yes, it was very effective! Gradually, I overcome all the negativeness I constantly encounter. Now, I'm continuously learning and enjoying all the blessings.

Hope you too will counteract those negativeness (bullying, rejection, etc) in your cynical mind with a positive outlook on yourself first!

Note: Discouragement hinders what lies ahead. It hinders the truth. It hinders you on still holding with the Lord being with you; "He will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” (Heb. 13:5)

Comments

Popular Posts