#JACKIEATS | LUGANG CAFE's Feast-All-You-Can!

I've been eyeing this resto because of the famous Xiao Long Bao, a dumpling with a soup inside. Also, because of its interiors--in MOA branch--and see through kitchen where you could see how they prepare food as the customers order it. Nice marketing strategy!

Me & my friends availed the Feast-all-you-can for P588++ (exclusive of VAT & service charge) at their Glorrietta branch. It's a bit pricey, yes, but if you order it on ala carte your bill is greater than that. I think its a good start for those who want to maximize their money and for the first triers--me.
Photo grabbed from Lugang's facebook page
What we ordered was: (Pardon for my pictures I had used camera phone and haven't had it one by one)
Top to Bottom: Dimsum (Xiao long bao), S&P Squid, Cucumber vinaigrette,
Soup, Garlic Pork rolls, Vietnamese Egg roll, Cantonese Stir Fried noodle and Rice
Soup of the day (unlimited order): I can't explain how it tasted, its sour. I don't honestly like, maybe for that day the soup wasn't meant for us. Ugh.

Fried Rice (unlimited order): Nothing special, just like a bland yang chow. I usually don't order rice in any buffet but I tried my friends' order, just so I know.

Appetizer (unlimited order):
Vietnam Egg Rolls: So-so nothing special but its wrapper. But its okay to try.
Garlic Pork Roll: This is interesting, bean sprouts wrapped with a thin slice of a steam but cold pork meat instead of the usual spring roll wrapper, complimented beautifully with its garlicky sweet sauce. Recommended!
Cucumber with Vinaigrette: My friend order this one, I didn't try this one 'cause I don't eat raw cucumber, but she said it just tastes like atsara. She hadn't finish this dish, but the Lugang staff was so kind enough not to charge it to us. Thank you!

Dimsum (unlimited order):
A Pork Xiao Long Bao
Steamed Pork Xiao Long Bao: Of course! This is the highlight of my feasting. I had 2 rounds of this one, 5pcs/serving. But my friend told me that the a la carte order consist of 8pcs/serving. The soup inside really tastes pork broth. Though, I suggest that they make the dimsum wrapper thinner, but nevertheless, definitely a must must try!
Steamed Crab Roe and Pork Xiao Long Bao: My friend said she likes this one more, but I like it both! Very similar with the Pork xiao long bao.
Steamed Angled Loofah with Shrimp Xiao Long Bao: Worth a try!
Steamed Vegetable & Pork Dumpling: Its recommended for those who want their dumpling with healthier. I love how it tastes. I would go for another round my I could feel my stomach's full.
Steamed Kimchi Xiao Long Bao: I don't eat kimchi but I couldn't really appreciate how it tastes. I let my friend finish it off she said she could it eat but nothing's special. Not recommended for those who don't eat kimchi, but for those adventurous ones, go try it.

House Specialties (choice of one per person only):
Salt and Pepper Squid: My friend ordered this all time favorite! I must make my own: The-search-for-the-best-Salt-&-Pepper-Squid. Lugang's version didn't disappoint. Recommended!
Kung Pao Prawns: I unintentionally ordered this one since my friend had already the S&P squid. With seven (7) big pieces of prawns and whole cashews this is a winner coincidentally! With just the right amount of sweetness with a hint of tanginess. I finish the cashew nuts myself! Lurrve! Super Recommended!
Cantonese Stir-Fried Broad Noodles with Beef: Also, my friends' order. And this, ladies and gents was the recipe I was looking for ever since I've tried this dish in HK last 2008. Authentic taste like those we have eaten in the outside-night-food-markets. Fell in love with this dish once again. 
Mixed Fruits Shaved Ice
Summing up this feast we decided to go try their dessert as well--not included in their promo. We ordered a Mixed Fruits Shaved Ice a la carte, which is amazingly yummy! Nothing special just a simple shaved ice with evaporated milk & condense milk and the fruits. But incredibly tastes so good that we dive in as soon as it arrived in our table we just click-shoot-scoop. Lovely fruits are in it like Kiwi, Dragon fruit, Watermelon, Melon, Mango, Pineapple and Papaya.

Nice experience I would say--our tummy was so full we needed to scoot out and walk, of course after you have paid your bill--courteous waiters, I would like to come back and try their other specialties.

Lugang cafe website for more info and promos.

Comments

Popular Posts