Hurried in Love?


I was just browsing on my Facebook feeds, and saw a post on FB which a school mate posts something like counting his single years.

Photo link


Why does people count the days or years or months or hours or minutes and even seconds that they are single? Is it really a necessity to have a partner nowadays? What good may it bring? Inspiration? Expiration? or Perspiration? Kidding.
I don't have any idea or do I? But why?

My guesses: First, because I might not be looking for one right now. Second, I'm still enjoying my single life. Third, I already have an inspiration which was my Lord and Savior as well as my family and friends. And fourth, all of the above I guess.

For all thy information, I didn't have any relationships--boyfriend levels--in my 24 years of existence (yes, ala beauty queen answer) in the face of the Earth.
For you to understand where I am coming from. I was just curious with the mindset of people nowadays.

Is it because of those break-dancing hormones? Or a necessity that you would be proud of in front of your friends? Or just plain attraction?







What's happening with the world??
Yes, I admit, am guilty of the attraction thingy. Of course I am a human being capable of having feelings. Therefore I can be attracted to another human being. But still subjectively speaking I am not counting the years nor am being paranoid--"What if I wouldn't meet my soul-mate ever?" or "Am I not attractive?" or "Is it me or him?" or "Don't wanna be single anymore!" and "Eventhough he doesn't love me its okay, it doesn't matter." "I'll just be crazy over him even if he pushes me away."
I am simply just not desperate of having a relationship right now though I'm thinking about it once in a while. I also don't know why.

IMO
I just want to not force love. Love is all about patience, kindness, does not envy, does not boast, nor it is proud.  It does not dishonor others, not self-seeking, not easily angered, nor keeps record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. (1 Corinthians 13:4-7)
It does not complicates things nor rush things. It is not tiring but gives strength. It gives life. So does my God. I think that's why I'm not in a hurry in love. I enjoy God's presence, His blessings and favors to bother myself with finding love or counting my single seconds. If you found love, it won't let you be disappointed because if it does its not love.

My message for all the young hearts out there. Enjoy your younger years or create and do something that you would enjoy and love, while your on your way to that right person God will soon give you, be productive. B-E-Productive!
#Realtalk #Love

Comments

Popular Posts